In this simulation of space exploration, participants plan and carry out five missions to a “planet” and communicate their discoveries to their family or a friend.
• NASA’s Eyes on the Solar System
Learn about our home planet, our solar system, the universe beyond, and the spacecraft exploring them with this downloadable application
• Our Solar System
lithographs (NASA educational product number LS-2013-07-003-HQ)
• NASA Solar System Exploration
• Planetary PhotoJournal (NASA/JPL)
Lunar and Planetary Institute/National Center for Interactive Learning
Adapted from Mars Activities: Teacher Resources and Classroom Activities, a Mars Education Program product from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and Arizona State University.
[Suggest a book]
• How to Be a Space Explorer: Your Out-of-This-World Adventure (Brake, Mark, 2014)
• Are there other Earths? (Portman, M., 2013)