In this engineering design challenge, patrons use simple materials and helium balloons to create their own sky glider!
Provides classroom connections, key concepts, connections to science standards, and additional resources.
|Hints for uses in your library||Remind patrons to utilize the engineering design process. Failure is OK!|
|Originating Source||PBS Design Squad|
[Suggest a book]
These children’s books all deal with various themes involved in engineering such as the engineering design process, specific projects such as building bridges or houses, and perseverance through failure.
• Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty
• Iggy Peck, Architect by Andrea Beaty
• Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
• This Bridge Will Not Be Gray by Dave Eggers
• Cross a Bridge by Ryan Ann Hunter
• What To Do With an Idea? By Kobi Yamada
• Ish by Peter H. Reynolds
• Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
• The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
• The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
• How a House is Built by Gail Gibbons