Patrons design a roller coaster track to carry a marble through a course that includes at least 1 loop, 1 hill, and 1 jump, and that drops the marble in a cup at the end of the ride.
|Hints for uses in your library||
Remind patrons to utilize the engineering design process. Failure is OK!
Make sure to give patrons enough time to design AND redesign their roller coaster.
Check the activity guide for guiding questions, troubleshooting tips, and engineering connections!
Dream Big - Roller Coasters!
Roller Coaster Science: Thrills, Chills, and Physics
|Originating Source||Dream Big/DiscoverE|
[Suggest a book]
These children’s books all deal with various themes involved in engineering such as the engineering design process, specific projects such as building bridges or houses, and perseverance through failure.
• Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty
• Iggy Peck, Architect by Andrea Beaty
• Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
• This Bridge Will Not Be Gray by Dave Eggers
• Cross a Bridge by Ryan Ann Hunter
• What To Do With an Idea? By Kobi Yamada
• Ish by Peter H. Reynolds
• Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
• The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
• The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
• How a House is Built by Gail Gibbons